Internet Explorer End of Life is here so users in an organization can see the Your organization is moving to Microsoft Edge fast. This is basically to let you know that if you are still an IE user – get ready because we are going to be switching to Microsoft Edge browser! In this article, we will see how to disable this pop-up on a Windows 11/10 computer if you do not want to inform your users about it.
Your organization is moving to Microsoft Edge
The future of Internet Explorer is in Microsoft Edge with IE mode. Opening Internet Explorer will now redirect to Microsoft Edge, a faster, more secure, and more modern browser.
What does your organization pass at the Microsoft Edge prompt?
The Your organization is moving to Microsoft Edge The prompt basically appears to inform users that the operating system will start using the Microsoft Edge browser now. The message in question is related to Managed by your organization publish. We’ll talk about that later, but first, let’s see what you can do to prevent this prompt from appearing.
Here are the ways to disable Your organization is moving to Microsoft Edge fast.
- By configuring Microsoft Edge settings
- Prevent Edge from launching on startup
Let’s talk about it in detail.
1]By configuring Microsoft Edge settings
Let’s start by configuring the Edge settings. You just have to modify the compatibility of Internet Explorer to stop seeing this message. Follow these steps to do the same.
- Open Microsoft Edge Navigator.
- Click on the three vertical dots and select Settings.
- You can also just type edge://settings/profiles in the address bar and press Enter.
- Now go to Default browser.
- In the Internet Explorer Compatibility section, you will see Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge
- Change the drop-down menu associated with it to Never.
It will do the work for you.
2]Prevent Edge from launching on startup
Follow these steps to prevent Microsoft Edge from launching on startup.
- Open Task Manager.
- Go to the Startup tab.
- Select Microsoft Edge and click Disable.
This will prevent Microsoft Edge from launching on startup and hopefully you won’t see the prompt anymore.
Lily: Internet Explorer retires; What does this mean for businesses?
Now you can remove “Recommended browser settings” prompt in Edge by following these steps.
- Open Microsoft Edge by searching for it in the start menu or taskbar.
- Type bord://flags in the address bar and press Enter.
- Search for a named flag View feature and workflow recommendations.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the flag and select Enabled.
- Click on To restart basically.
This should do the job for you.
The message Managed by your organization in Microsoft Edge means that your browser setting is managed by the group policy configured by the organization to which your browser is linked. It can go to school, work or something else. If you’re not part of any organization or just don’t want the setting managed by your organization, check out our guide and see what you should do if your browser is managed by your organization.